News
  • FaceBook
  • Twitter
  • Pin It
  • Linkedin
  • Buffer
  • WhatsApp

FG claims 309 Nigerians renounced citizenship in last 16 years

The Federal Government said on Thursday a total of 309 Nigerians had renounced their citizenship in the last 16 years.

The Minister of Interior, Rauf Aregbesola, who disclosed this at the 64th ministerial press briefing at the State House, Abuja, on Thursday, said 150 out of this number renounced their citizenship last year.

He added that at least 70 foreign nationals from North Korea, Egypt, and Sri Lanka, among others, had been deported for various offences in the last two years.

 

He also warned against attacks on the country’s correctional facilities.

“With the state-of-the-art recreational facilities erected in the six geopolitical zones across the country, the chances of criminals successfully breaking into any facility in the country have been significantly minimized, “ the minister stated.

Anambra man of the year award
  • FaceBook
  • Twitter
  • Pin It
  • Linkedin
  • Buffer
  • WhatsApp

Comments are closed.

Welcome Visitor

It's your right to block ads. After all, it's your browser.

But it's also our right to protect the integrity of our published product.

I've disabled my ad blocker. Let's get on with it!