Four family members of the Vice President of Sports Writers Association of Nigeria (SWAN), Eddie Bekom have been hospitalised
after a cooking gas explosion from a neighbour in their building at Ikom, Cross River State.
Bekom, his wife and four children were severely burnt in the explosion. They were first treated at a hospital in Ikom before further treatment at the Federal Teaching Hospital in Abakaliki for second-degree burns.
Unfortunately, Bekom’s wife and one of his children have died as a result of the severe injuries they sustained. Reports have it that about N10 million is now needed for their treatment.