News
  • FaceBook
  • Twitter
  • Pin It
  • Linkedin
  • Buffer
  • WhatsApp

Breaking News! Ebonyi govt. house gutted by fire

The accounts section of the Ebonyi Government House was on Friday gutted by fire which disrupted activities within the complex.

No life was reported lost in the fire which started around 9 a.m.

Dr Kenneth Ugbala, Senior Special Assistant to Gov. David Umahi on Internal Security, told newsmen that it took the combined efforts of workers and the State Fire Service to put out the fire.

β€œThe fire outbreak was caused by a faulty electrical connection within the accounts section and the level of damage was minimal.

β€œAn upholstery and cottons within the section were completely burnt and we would ascertain the true extent of damage when the fire service concludes its task,’’ he said.

An eye-witness, who spoke under the condition of anonymity, told newsmen that the fire started with a thick fume emanating from the accounts section.

β€œThe shouts for help attracted workers who used improvised items such as water and detergent to put out the fire before the arrival of firemen,” she said.

Mr James Owoh, the state Chief Fire Officer, said that his officers promptly responded to the distress call from the Government House.

β€œWe have always been responsive to distress calls and Government House officials acknowledged that the situation was promptly put under control,” Owoh said.

  • FaceBook
  • Twitter
  • Pin It
  • Linkedin
  • Buffer
  • WhatsApp

Damilola is a full time journalist/writer/freelancer and blogger.

Comments are closed.

Sorry for the interruption

We are deeply concerned with our user experience. Which is why we use responsible ads.

Please work with us by disabling your ad blocker and let's create a sustainable web together.

I get it. I have disabled my ad blocker. Please let me in.