A professional group, Ebonyi Concerned Citizens For Good Governance, on Tuesday, said the National Vice-Chairman of People’s Democratic Party, , South East Zone, Mr. Ali Odefa should prove that he did not intimidate innocent and armless women with gun and other weapons.
In a communique made available to IGBERE TV at the end of its quarterly meeting in Enugu State, the group also gave him 72hrs to prove that accusation against him that he has been arrested by security agents for defiling a minor is either true or false.
The Group also expressed displeasure with the controversial account of alleged kidnap of one Mr. Amos Ogbonnaya and its attendant hue and cry.
The group also noted with reservation the unabated peddling of false alarm and fake news by a supposed Statesman, Mr. Linus Abba Okorie in which he has variously accused the State Government of plot to demolish his Citi Hub Event Centre in Abakaliki.
The communique reads in parts,
Rising from the extraordinary meeting of Ebonyi Concerned Citizens for Good Governance held in Enugu, the group after exhaustive deliberations came up with the following far-reaching decisions:
1. That Ebonyi Concerned Citizens for Good Governance has observed with great dismay the recent series of unpalatable and undemocratic activities of some unpatriotic Ebonyians that have continued to paint the good image of the State black.
2. That the Group particularly expresses displeasure with the controversial account of alleged kidnap of one Mr. Amos Ogbonnaya and its attendant hue and cry. We are specifically sad with the attempt by the faceless political elements to capitalize on the alleged development to cast aspersion on the good image of our performing Governor who has sworn to take Ebonyi State to high equator of global development index.
3. That the group has noted with reservation the unabated peddling of false alarm and fake news by a supposed Statesman, Mr. Linus Abba Okorie in which he has variously accused the State Government of plot to demolish his Citi Hub Event Centre in Abakaliki. It is pathetic that the person of such standing can condescend so low in peddling unfounded rumours and we hereby enjoin him to retrace his steps or face public opprobrium.
4. That the Group has come across a trending video in the social media space where a purported National Vice-Chairman of PDP, South East Zone, Mr. Ali Odefa, in a touting manner was seen intimidating innocent and armless women with gun and other weapons. While the group does not indict him, we want him to prove otherwise within 72 hours if he claims innocence even as the social media space has suddenly became awash that he has been arrested by security agents for defiling a minor.
5. That Ebonyi Concerned Citizens for Good Governance is of the view that the essence of opposition is to guide Government through constructive criticisms and not emphasis on hate speeches, falsehood and assasination of characters of our leaders as highly practiced by one Silas Joseph Onu, the self-acclaimed PDP Publicity Secretary in the State. We therefore caution Mr. Silas Joseph Onu to desist from further senseless and destructive criticisms against the State Government.
6. On the whole, the Group uses this opportunity to admonish the above mentioned political detractors to refrain from their mischief against the people-oriented governance of Engineer David Nweze Umahi, FNSE, FNATE. We, therefore, enjoin Ebonyians to disregard the falsehood of the above mischief makers as they represent the figment of their filthy imagination.
7. Ebonyi Concerned Citizens for Good Governance commends highly the transformative Governor of Ebonyi State, Engineer David Umahi for the gamut of transformation he has brought to Ebonyi State with the limited resources accruable to the State from the Federation account. The Group is highly pleased with the Governor for doing Ebonyi proud in the Comity of States.
SIGNED BY THE UNDER-LISTED OFFICIALS AND ON-BEHALF OF OTHERS: